Monday, January 17, 2011

Lee Mead Ipone 4 Case



This is info that I saw yesterday, like what Ben Ali's family, according to his claims to act only for the good of the people, has drawn with 1.5 tons of gold, just to apply the tactic of scorched earth. As the article says the World: "" 1.5 tonnes of gold, that makes 45 million euros, "translates a source. "(Le Monde has a particular conception of the duty of his sources). Curiously, I was taken from the desire to verify this info. Not that I do not think the World's word, of course, eh.

I turned to Wolfram Alpha. The simple query " 1.5 t of gold " confirmed to me that the magnitude of the price seemed right (it gives me $ 49.3 million). It seems that such a mass of pure gold gives a cube of 43 cm square, so it is easily camouflaged. Then, history, if by chance I looked I could not find the price of components; possible. The price of manganese seems odd to me: $ 2.40 per ton, is suspicious.

On Wikipedia, we can find the price elements and their compounds (in English). It is very lousy but it's an idea. The problem is that it's not the kind of list that compares well defined and almost anything with numbers unconnected. There's potential, however: for example, I do not think there is a site in the world that clearly explains both the selling price of the chemical elements, their production and industrial applications. Still not cleared to work the online encyclopedia?

0 comments:

Post a Comment