Friday, December 17, 2010

How To Send New Born Baby Msg.

λύω, λύσω, ἔλυσα, λέλυκα, λέλυμαι, ἐλύθην

I absolutely love the Wiktionary . I tend to think that this project Wikipedian with the most potential. Finally, when you master the syntax , of course. Thanks to him, I wrote about the Indo-European of Sumerian and others.

A great idea of the project is that it is possible to create individual items for each of the forms of a word (plural, feminine, conjugations, etc.).. It was not long ago, I told myself that if I had had this while I was learning Greek, I would have liked. (Yes, I studied ancient Greek in my early youth. I even opted to bowl - with optional computer, a combination unprecedented in my academy that year there - and the examiner was so happy to see mathematicians learn the language he has left us choose our text, and brief. Finally, I enjoyed myself.)

is that conjugations in ancient Greek, it can be tricky. Already, there's the odd modes as the optative , strange times like aorist , voices such as unusual voice average, two people duel, etc.. Basically, we must consider the root of the verb, placed behind a sign for the time, place before a split if the past, even before placing an augment if time and secondary flank an ending for the person at the end. And to consider possible changes phonetic radicals that can change along the way, and all those sorts of things.

Here, take for example the verb λύω , 'untie' (the basic example since its radical λύ is completely regular and does not form a phonetic modifications zarbie). His more-than-perfect indicative medio-passive in the 1 st person plural becomes ἐλελύμεθα. Easy. If it amuses you, you can take a look at the cool table conjugation tense. And tell yourself that it's a simple verb.

Now, I do not know if you noticed, but a simple verb easily holds 300 different forms. So 300 potential articles on Wiktionary. If it does not explode it with the English is to gun down. :) Good

, spas all that, but I will have already the past tense conjugations. Already, I'm sure the aorist indicative passive βάλλω ("start") is not indicated as ἐβάλην here, but ἐβλήθην. There's a job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment