Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Need To Buy A Crane

Powah! [Who?]

I was read a text OWNI on absence of French intellectuals on the Internet (well, more accurately, their refusal to be on the internet). Well, OK, but who cares even French intellectuals Paris Germano-Pratini (I have more appropriate adjective, Saint-Germain-des-Pres is back as a regular neighborhood of Paris for decades) ?

I guess it must be quite difficult to design for some of my readers, but I live in a world totally désintellectualisé, where institutions are absent. Here, the state is an abstraction to reduce its interfaces administrative, governments have much impact if I lived on the edge of the desert of the Tartars and the speeches made by persons authorized me to speak as much as those of Tubular Brainers in the Ark Captain Blood [1] .

In text quoted by OWNI ticket, I found the following quote, which I find quite descriptive: "The digital culture is born gifted engineers but rustics (incidentally: Non not read The Princess of Cleves , they are the perfect embodiment of this despised by middle class our intellectuals). "

I already expressed a few months ago on my own hardiness and my own condition son of middle class without past or culture. It happens that I have not read The Princess of Cleves (by pure chance, I read other books, and then my sister told me it was super boring) and I ' have an engineering degree (which I also never really used). I grew up in classes of son and daughters of teachers fully dedicated to entry into the Grandes Ecoles. Likely that my adult behavior is a reaction to feeling of alienation that I have not failed to experience adolescence.

Still, the standard French intellectual discourse completely passes me over the head. Certainly, it bothers me a bit (which would not be annoyed when he made it clear that it must be part of a culture while knowing he will be permanently excluded? [2] ), but it is still very Benin. I know that real life is not there. That when France will disappear completely from the world thought [3] , it will not be very important, that France was just a pawn promoted briefly as Queen before to be removed from the board. All this will change nothing for me nor for the tens of millions of my fellow citizens.

The only thing I know is that everybody loves your culture, but nobody will ever defend it for you. It's not even a question of protection of cultural exception, imperialism or anything. In short, the anti-Internet hysteria, not only next to the plate, it is also the best way to disappear completely. Perhaps it is the objective? The death wish is not something abstract.

for me, Wikipedia is just my way of make me live my culture (a culture diverse, which even contains real pieces of field). This is not the only one, but it is the subject of my blog, so I will only talk about that. It also gives me the gratifying feeling to oppose the establishment without throwing stones. The awful truth is that I do not care about promoting the Culture and Memory or I do not know what other big word with a capital letter at the beginning. If I Fight the powah is a byproduct, a consequence attached a bonus gift, something cool and more.

Despite this, despite my past, despite my origins, despite my environment, I have no particular justification for contributing to Wikipedia, except that it's fun. It seems that it is wrong and it's one more example of political abdication of people my age. Uh, yes, so what?

was a completely disjointed blog, written over a dozen hours in the middle of lots of other things. The only thing I wanted to say is: I n'intellectualise not Wikipedia. There.


  1. Congratulations to those who are dipping reference.
  2. And I am very very far from the most excluded in history.
  3. Assuming that this is not the case, of course.

0 comments:

Post a Comment